· To assess patients at point of entry into the health care system with undifferentiated undiagnosed problems.
· To take responsibility for making autonomous decisions in relation to patient care.
· Using advanced assessment skills of history taking and clinical examination, make a diagnosis and initiate an appropriate care plan including any necessary diagnostic tests of referral.
· To promote health and screening in relation to primary prevention. Gain an understanding of chronic disease management and access training as appropriate.
· To prescribe within current parameters according to prescribing authority for extended and supplementary prescribing.
· To participate in the development and implementation of service/CCG guidelines and protocols.
· Provide expert nursing clinical advice to colleagues.
· Work with nursing and medical teams in providing a proactive management of patients with chronic disease according to local strategies.
Location: Corby Urgent Care Centre /Sheffield Walk in Centre
Remuneration: £48,000 – £55,000 per annum dependent on experience and skills /£50,000 – 55,000 annual DOE respectively