Position: Consultant Child & Adolescent Psychiatry
Location: Hull, United Kingdom
We are seeking a highly experienced Consultant in Child & Adolescent Mental Health for a substantive role, to join one of the leading NHS trusts in Hull, UK. The Trust employs approximately 2,500 staff across more than 70 sites at locations throughout Hull, the East Riding of Yorkshire and Whitby. The post holder will work closely alongside the departments of Older People Psychiatry.
The successful applicants will join our CAMHS in-patient service that will host 11 General adolescent beds (including a High Dependency Area) and 4 Psychiatric intensive care beds all of which will support young people in Hull. The CAMHS teams operate using the principles of the Thrive framework and are part of a small National Community of Practice delivering this integrated, person centred and needs led approach. We are looking for colleagues who can add to the broad mix of skills and expertise within the department and help us further develop our service to deliver high quality and innovative acute medical care to our local population.
This individual will be expected to participate in educational role for trainee doctors and also be expected to support colleagues doing these activities as part of his/her arranged job plan.
Competitive salary package and benefits apply.
About You: The post holder will be expected to be approved as a Responsible Clinician or be willing to undertake training to obtain Section 12 (2) MHA and will be expected to renew the approval according to agreed procedures.
Key Skills Required
- Basic Medical Qualification
- Approved Clinician or eligibility for approval
- Applicants must be included on the GMC’s Specialist Register or Specialist Registrars within 6 months of completing their CCT
- Section 12 (2) approval or willingness to apply for approval once in post
- Ability to supervise junior staff
- Evidence of ability to take a leadership role within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate commitment to a collaborative model of multidisciplinary and multi-agency working
Clinical duties of post holder
These will include
- Initially the role will be to work alongside the Inpatient senior leadership team (Consultant Psychologist, Clinical Lead and Ward Manager) to develop the inpatient clinical model and support the recruitment of staff.
- To work as part of the senior leadership team.
- Provide Access assessments- providing gatekeeping assessments for those felt to be in need of an inpatient admission
- Hold medical responsibility for those who require it.
- Supervision of team members.
- Management of complex cases.
- Role in assessment of referrals/admissions.
- Care plan and treatment formulation, guidance on evidence-based treatment and effectiveness.
- Liaison and collaborative working with other services/agencies.
- Mental Health Act implementation.
- Multi-disciplinary, multi-agency and partnership working.
- To contribute to postgraduate teaching and supervision of junior doctors and will be encouraged to participate in the training of other disciplines.
I am looking forward to having a chat with you if you are suitable for this role. For more information on this exciting opportunity please email a copy of your CV in MS WORD format to email@example.com using Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist as Subject.
To stay up to date with latest and exciting opportunities, please follow us on LinkedIn via https://www.linkedin.com/company/specialist-medics/