Position: Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry
Location: Hull, United Kingdom
We are seeking a highly experienced Consultant in General Adult Psychiatry for a substantive role, to join one of the leading NHS trusts in Hull, UK. The Trust employs approximately 2,500 staff across more than 70 sites at locations throughout Hull, the East Riding of Yorkshire and Whitby. The post holder will work closely alongside the departments of Older People Psychiatry.
This is a replacement post. Candidates interested in part-time working are invited to discuss their proposed input/timetable to determine if their commitment would meet the Trust’s needs. The post holder will provide leadership and senior medical input to the inpatient unit and will work alongside another substantive Consultant. Each Consultant is allocated to distinct General Practices in the catchment area.This individual will be expected to participate in educational role for trainee doctors and also be expected to support colleagues doing these activities as part of his/her arranged job plan.
Competitive salary package and benefits apply.
Key Skills Required
- Basic Medical Qualification
- Approved Clinician or eligibility for approval
- Applicants must be included on the GMC’s Specialist Register or Specialist Registrars within 6 months of completing their CCT
- Section 12 (2) approval or willingness to apply for approval once in post
- Ability to supervise junior staff
- Evidence of ability to take a leadership role within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate commitment to a collaborative model of multidisciplinary and multi-agency working
Clinical duties of post holder
In fulfilling the clinical duties of the post the Consultant will be expected to undertake the following :
- The post holder will be expected to provide senior medical input and clinical leadership to the unit and to contribute to Multi-Disciplinary and Multi-Agency team working arrangements within the service.
- To undertake the assessment and management of patients on the unit and to care plan, provide treatment formulation and guidance on evidence based treatment and effectiveness.
- To ensure that accurate clinical records are maintained within the electronic patient record.
- Hold responsible clinician status, and to be an approved clinician as defined within the Mental Health Act for appropriate patients. To prepare tribunal reports and attend Mental Health Review Tribunals.
- Work within the principles of the Care Programme Approach.
- The post holder is expected to work flexibly with colleagues to enable the smooth running of the service, and to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to each individual patient. In particular the post holder is expected to work closely with the consultants on the other IP units and in the community teams.
- To comply with all Trust policies and procedures, drawn up in consultation with the professions in respect of clinical matters.
- While primarily responsible for delivering a quality clinical service, the consultant psychiatrist is also expected to be actively involved in the strategic development of the team and broader services, being involved with the team manager and service manager in helping to steer the development of the service in line with the strategic direction of the organisation.
- The appointee must be able to travel around the facilities serviced by this post and travel to all areas covered by the on-call rota.
I am looking forward to having a chat with you if you are suitable for this role. For more information on this exciting opportunity please email a copy of your CV in MS WORD format to email@example.com using Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist as Subject.
To stay up to date with latest and exciting opportunities, please follow us on LinkedIn via https://www.linkedin.com/company/specialist-medics/