Position: Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry
Location: Hull, United Kingdom
We are seeking a highly experienced Consultant in Old Age Psychiatry for a substantive role, to join one of the leading NHS trusts in Hull, UK. The Trust employs approximately 2,500 staff across more than 70 sites at locations throughout Hull, the East Riding of Yorkshire and Whitby. The post holder will work closely alongside the departments of Older People Psychiatry.
The successful applicants will join our Acute Mental Health in-patient services for older people living in Hull, this service is currently provided by two purpose built units. An Intensive Home Treatment Team supports the inpatient units in facilitating early discharge from hospital, and treating people, if at all possible, at home. We are looking for colleagues who can add to the broad mix of skills and expertise within the department and help us further develop our service to deliver high quality and innovative acute medical care to our local population.
This individual will be expected to participate in educational role for trainee doctors and also be expected to support colleagues doing these activities as part of his/her arranged job plan.
Competitive salary package and benefits apply.
About You: The post holder will be expected to be approved as a Responsible Clinician or be willing to undertake training to obtain Section 12 (2) MHA and will be expected to renew the approval according to agreed procedures.
Key Skills Required
- Basic Medical Qualification
- Approved Clinician or eligibility for approval
- Applicants must be included on the GMC’s Specialist Register or Specialist Registrars within 6 months of completing their CCT
- Section 12 (2) approval or willingness to apply for approval once in post
- Ability to supervise junior staff
- Evidence of ability to take a leadership role within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrate commitment to a collaborative model of multidisciplinary and multi-agency working
Clinical duties of post holder
These will include
- The post holder will be expected to provide senior medical input and clinical leadership to the CMHT and to contribute to Multi-Disciplinary and Multi-Agency team working arrangements within the service.
- To undertake the assessment and management of complex cases referred and to care plan, provide treatment formulation and guidance on evidence based treatment and effectiveness.
- Hold responsible clinician status, and be an approved clinician as defined within the Mental Health Act for patients on Community Treatment Orders.
- Work within the principles of the Care Programme Approach.
- The post holder is expected to work flexibly with colleagues to enable the smooth running of the service, and to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to each individual patient.
- To comply with all Trust policies and procedures, drawn up in consultation with the professions in respect of clinical matters.
- The appointee must be able to travel around the facilities serviced by this post and travel to all areas covered by the on-call rota.
I am looking forward to having a chat with you if you are suitable for this role. For more information on this exciting opportunity please email a copy of your CV in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org using Consultant Old Age Psychiatrist as Subject.
To stay up to date with latest and exciting opportunities, please follow us on LinkedIn via https://www.linkedin.com/company/specialist-medics/