Location: London, United Kingdom
We are seeking a highly trained and experienced Consultant Nephrologist, to join one of the largest health organizations in the United Kingdom and be based in London. You will work alongside professionals from more than 50 countries worldwide, each providing a dynamic healthcare environment and exchanging ideas on practice, procedures and competency. You will use modern technology to enhance care in partnership with evidence-based practice and the effective use of clinical and educational resources. Collaborative partnerships, self-development and clinical advancement programs are encouraged.
You will receive a generous salary plus benefits package which includes, but is not limited to, family housing, education allowance, transportation, health and dental insurance and annual flight tickets for you and up to four eligible dependents.
Key duties of this position will include:
The successful applicant will be joining a friendly and dedicated Nephrology Team. They will:
- Share the responsibilities for providing acute nephrology and AKI care in a large tertiary renal unit (non-transplant) and providing care for a cohort of renal and general medical patients.
- Will be part of a team of consultants performing practical procedures including insertion of temporary and tunneled hemodialysis catheter, insertion of peritoneal dialysis catheters and native kidney biopsies.
- Will have joint responsibilities in overseeing delivery of an expanding out-patient service that includes general and specialist nephrology clinics including outreach clinics.
- Will have joint responsibilities to participate in the referral/advisory service to the Hospital NHS Trust.
- Will have joint responsibility of supporting Home Therapy service sharing this with the Home therapy lead.
- Participation in research is encouraged.
- Adopting a holistic approach to patient care, e.g. establishing a rapport with patients, supporting patient self-management, providing continuity of care
The person appointed is required to hold membership of the Royal College of Physicians or equivalent qualifications, to be fully registered with the General Medical Council and listed on the Specialist Register (or due to be registered within six months of the date of interview). They should have dual accreditation in Nephrology and General Internal Medicine.
• You must be a registered Consultant
• You must be able to provide certificates of good standing.
I am looking forward to having a chat with you if you are suitable for this role. For more information on this exciting opportunity please email a copy of your CV in MS WORD format to firstname.lastname@example.org using Consultant Nephrologist as Subject.
To stay up to date with latest and exciting opportunities, please follow us on LinkedIn via https://www.linkedin.com/company/specialist-medics/