3 years experience, bachelors degree.
1. Maintain inventories of endoscopic equipment and supplies.
2. Perform safety checks to verify proper equipment functioning.
3. Prepare suites or rooms according to endoscopic procedure requirements.
4. Clean, disinfect, or calibrate scopes or other endoscopic instruments according to manufacturer recommendations and facility standards.
5. Position or transport patients in accordance with instructions from medical personnel.
6. Assist physicians or registered nurses in the conduct of endoscopic procedures.
7. Provides expert assistance to the endoscopist, demonstrating understanding of the patient’s anatomy and abnormalities which could affect the procedure.