- Diagnosis and treatment of patients referred to department and responsible to run his/her own clinic.
- Responsible to provide the highest quality of service to the patients under his/her care within the resources provided by the program.
- Responsible to investigates, diagnoses and treats medically all patients referred to him /her with conditions problems appropriate to his specialty and will determine the need for clinical investigations and physiological testing appropriate to making his diagnosis, and will undertake the management of the patient’s condition, with appropriate follow up.
- The Consultant will undertake interventional procedures, as part of the patients’ treatment and/or to reach a diagnosis, where appropriate, in line with his delineated clinical privileges.
- Provides supervision to the department registrar working in Emergency and inpatient Units if needed.
- Participates in teaching programs in the Department and its sections, regular seminars, promotes clinical investigative work.
- Ensures implementation of the Ministry of Health regulations, the Hospital Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and the Department Policy and Guidelines.
Nationality: Open to UK nationals only
Education : Bachelors’ Degree in Medicine followed by specialized training in Geriatrics. Membership/ Fellowship (preferably of the Royal College) and/or MD Degree in relevant specialty.
Licensing : Valid License
Experience : 12 years’ experience with minimum 7 years’ experience post Fellowship/Membership or MD in Geriatrics.
Management Skills: Problem Solving, Decision Making , Counselling and Critical Thinking skills; Attention to detail and a Team Player.
Soft Skills : Excellent Communication and Inter-Personal skills.
Computer Skills : MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet and Hospital MIS
Language Skills: Good in written and spoken English, Arabic is preferred.